Participants will learn about the 22 High Leverage Practices (HLPs) for Inclusive Educators, identify one or more HLPs, and embed selected HLPs into a Washington State PESB Professional Growth Plan (PGP). Participants are encouraged to write plans that also connect with educator and student growth goals, goals connected to STEAM, SEL, and/or CC-DEI standards. Participants will engage in self-paced learning modules to learn about PGPs and HLPs. Participants will also complete and carry out a PGP across a four-month period. Four one-hour meetings will be held for the purpose of collaboration, peer mentorship, and support in developing and carrying out a PGP personalized for their educator role and learning context. This course will be facilitated by Cyndi Caniglia, a faculty member in the Teacher Education Department at Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington.
Course Learning Objectives/Outcomes
- Develop knowledge and skills related to the 22 High Leverage Practices for Inclusive Educators
- Complete a Washington State PESB Professional Growth Plan
- Engage in teacher and practitioner leadership
- Participate in a Professional Learning Community that consists of educators across roles (Leadership, Teacher, SEA, Paraeducator)
- Integrate new learning with existing initiatives and/or practitioner and student growth goals
- Collaborate with higher education P-12 preparation faculty for reciprocal learning opportunities
- Participants will complete a module to become familiar with Professional Growth Plans. Resources and examples will be provided.
- Participants will complete a module to become familiar with High Leverage Practices for Inclusive Educators and access resources related to each High Leverage Practice.
- Participants will engage in a collaborative learning community as they move through the learning process, writing of their PGP, and carrying out their PGP activities.
- Participants will share out their PGP activities and outcomes and submit for clock hour credit.
- Meeting 1: Oct 20, 2022 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Meeting 2: Nov 17, 2022 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Meeting 3: Dec 15, 2022 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Meeting 4: Feb 2, 2022 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Register for Course
Each meeting will be held over zoom, the videoconferencing platform.