Keeping Excellent Special Educators/Title 2 Competitive Grant
GOAL: To study and implement practices to recruit and retain exceptional special educators $20,000 Strategic Planning Grants will be awarded to up to 15 eligible districts to:
- Participate in KESE Taskforce
- Join the KESE Networked Improvement Community (NIC)
- Complete a strategic recruitment, induction, and retention plan
Districts that complete strategic plans by April 15, 2023. may include in their plans proposed uses for KESE Kick-Starter grant funds up to $40,000 to enact key aspects of strategic plans.
- District Priority Criteria: Employing at least 3 novice special education teachers (educators with 3 years of experience or less)
- Significant challenges with teacher retention, relative to all districts statewide
- Have not yet broadly implemented inclusive practices
- Have relatively low proficiency rates among students with disabilities on the state assessments (IDEA indicator 3).
KESE Project Director/Principal Investigator email@example.com
KESE Project Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
KESE Consulting Project Staff email@example.com
Dr. Alicia Roberts Frank
KESE Consulting Project Staff firstname.lastname@example.org