- This event has passed.
A mini-Tag (Topical Action Group) on High Leverage Practices
October 20, 2022 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
High Leverage Practices for Inclusive Educators through Collaborative Learning Communities and Professional Growth Plans
Participants will learn about the 22 High Leverage Practices (HLPs) for Inclusive Educators, identify one or more HLPs, and embed selected HLPs into a Washington State PESB Professional Growth Plan (PGP). Participants are encouraged to write plans that also connect with educator and student growth goals, goals connected to STEAM, SEL, and/or CC-DEI standards. Participants will engage in self-paced learning modules to learn about PGPs and HLPs. Participants will also complete and carry out a PGP across a four-month period.
Four one-hour meetings will be held for the purpose of collaboration, peer mentorship, and support in developing and carrying out a PGP personalized for their educator role and learning context. This course will be facilitated by Cyndi Caniglia, a faculty member in the Teacher Education Department at Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington.
Course Learning Objectives/Outcomes
- Develop knowledge and skills related to the 22 High Leverage Practices for Inclusive Educators
- Complete a Washington State PESB Professional Growth Plan
- Engage in teacher and practitioner leadership
- Participate in a Professional Learning Community that consists of educators across roles (Leadership, Teacher, SEA, Paraeducator)
- Integrate new learning with existing initiatives and/or practitioner and student growth goals
- Collaborate with higher education P-12 preparation faculty for reciprocal learning opportunities
- Participants will complete a module to become familiar with Professional Growth Plans. Resources and examples will be provided.
- Participants will complete a module to become familiar with High Leverage Practices for Inclusive Educators and access resources related to each High Leverage Practice.
- Participants will engage in a collaborative learning community as they move through the learning process, writing of their PGP, and carrying out their PGP activities.
- Participants will share out their PGP activities and outcomes and submit for clock hour credit.
- Meeting 1: Oct 20, 2022 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Meeting 2: Nov 17, 2022 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Meeting 3: Dec 15, 2022 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Meeting 4: Feb 2, 2022 3:30 – 4:30 pm